Monday, June 09, 2008
Day 1:Hello Hong kong!
We reached Changi Airport at around 11am. Our Flight was 1.30pm and we reached slightly 30min early as we took taxi to Changi Airport terminal 3. While my parent was finding seats to sit down, my brother and I went to look around to find SIA booth to claim our flight tickets. To our surprise, we saw mediacrop filming new drama at the departure hall where fann wong and the new actor who won the best male actor during the Star Search (don’t know his name) send Euo xuan off. My brother went to find the SIA customer service and as for me; I stayed at the departure hall and tried to take some of their photos secretly. Unfortunately, I only able to took some pictures of their back view.

(mediacorp fliming new drama at terminal 3)

(take a break and say cheeze to the camera!)
We check in our luggage at about 11.30am and went into the departure hall at 12pm as we prefer to shop at the duty free shops due to tax free .However, we only rackety how much it is so that when we come back from Hong Kong, we know what to buy. At about 1pm, we went in to have security check at terminal3 B4. Don’t know why, we waited 30 minute but the gate still not open for passengers to board the air plane. Instate of opening the gate for the passengers to board the air plane, we saw air stewardess and air steward came out from the air plane and sited at the waiting area together with the passengers.
15minute later, the pilots also came out from the air plane. Soon, there was an announcement made to inform the passengers that those who are going to travel to Hong Kong by SQ8XX need to delay 30minute as the engineer need time to repair the air conditional of the plane. We were like “Huh? It is very rare that SIA air plane need to delay due to some technical issue happen.” My brother told my parent and I not worry, he is mentality prepare for any delaying of plane. Another 30 min later, an announcement was made to inform us that SIA going to arrange another backup air plane and will able to start flying off to Hong Kong at 3.30pm instead.
All passengers who are affected by this were able to get free lunch at level 2 of departure hall. That’s mean we can eat at any restaurants at level 2. *hooray!* However, each of us can only eat maximum up to $20 so total we able to get $80 FOC =D
In the end, we choose to have our lunch at this Chinese restaurant that sell 点心like 小笼包 and total bill we need to pay was $1.45 XD *Kio tio sai~* We finished our lunch at about 3.15pm which consider late as we need to go B9(if I never remember wrongly) by 3.15pm. We quickly walk to B9. On our way to B9, I asked my brother whether any passengers will miss the plane due to the lunch treat by SIA. If really happen, I think is not worth it at all.

(Nice 小笼包!)
When we board the plane, the stewardesses tend to be settling everything as soon as possible to prevent any delay of air plane. During the 3 hours of traveling, I watched Jay Chow Movie, 功夫灌篮 but I watch the movie until half way, I stopped and went to sleep. I was too tired as I sleep very late last night so I sleep all the way till the plane reach Hong Kong.
We finally reach Hong Kong at about 7pm and leave the arrival hall at 8pm which was about 3 hours late then what I plan. Before we head towards our Hotel at Yau Ma Tei, we need to buy octopus card that able to use it for ferry, bus and train. It cost HK$150 (about S$30 ) so after we brought the card, we travel to Yau Ma Tei by MTR(MRT name in HK.).
When we reached Yau Ma Tei station, the problem we face was to find the location of the hotel. After us analyzing the map that the station provides, we exit by exit B YMCA. However, we didn’t able to see any hotel building. Instate, we saw a lot of tall flats that have advertisement light board attached to the flats. While we walk and searching for the hotel, I suggested to take a cab if we unable to find the hotel in 15min time. To our surprise, we reached the hotel which actually just across the road, turn right walk straight after we exit the MTR station from exit B. I was been “suan” by my parent and brother if they listening to my suggestion of taking a cab. We confirm get scolded from the taxi driver.
In the end we reached YMAC international hotel (Our hotel name) and the time was about 9pm.We actually got free upgraded from deluxe room to Executive room because the deluxe rooms were fully occupied. My mum and I posted to the biggest room among the rooms at level 13 as for my father and brother, their room also not that bad just that it was a bit small compare to my room. (Same format as the room I slept in Sydney.)
Due to the tired mind and body , we didn’t able to tour around the area so we knock off at 10.30pm.
Good night Hong Kong =)
to be continue.....
